Ah, the curse of being “too busy.” What does that even mean? Being “busy” can be defined as simply just having too much to do. Well, one of the things that fall to the backburner to the folks who are too busy is the task of managing their social media. However, I am here to share with you how to post to social media / manage social media when you feel like you don’t have the time. Really, you have the time and you just aren’t aware of it. So, here are a few times that you can tackle social media:
- When you show up early for something and need to sit in your car to kill time
- While you partner/child /roomie forces you to watch something that disinterests you
- Sitting on a very boring conference call
- On your lunch break
- During your kid’s soccer game
- Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier and social media it up from bed
- Make it a part of your bedtime routine
- When working out you can post between reps, while stretching or while on the stationary bike
- In the waiting room before an appointment
- While breastfeeding
- On public transit
- The ye old post n’ poop
There are 1440 minutes in a day and surely you can find at least 10 to dedicate to social media. If you have a business, I believe that it is imperative to have an active social media presence. This is a PR tool for you to help create conversation around your brand while defining you as an expert in your industry. Perhaps this is something that is not of interest to you but you have a business. If this sounds like you, there are solutions for that and I’d be happy to meet you (*wink wink*).
So, where do you fit social media into your day?